- 2 Large Onions
- 900g/2lb Potatoes, peeled
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 8 Lamb Cutlets
- Bouquet Garni
- 420ml/14fl.oz. Fresh Lamb or beef Stock
1. Slice the onion and potatoes into 6mm/1/4inch slices. Heat the oil in a pan, add the potatoes, onions and garlic and fry until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Season the chops with salt and pepper then add to the pan and brown on both sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Place half the onion and potato mixture back into the pan, add the meat and bouquet garni, then top with the remaining onion and potato mixture.
4. Pour the stock into the pan, cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Serve hot.
» France Recipes