- 75g/3oz Plain Flour
- 75g/3oz Castor sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 300ml/10fl.oz. Milk
- 1 tbsp Calvados
- 450g/1lb Cooking Apples, peeled,
- cored and quartered
- 50g/2oz Sultanas
- 1 teasp Mixed Spices
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas mark 6 and lightly grease a shallow ovenproof dish (approx 1.5L/ 2 1/2pt).
2. Place the flour and half the sugar in a bowl, add the eggs and half the milk then whisk the ingredients together. Stir in the remaining milk and calvados, and blend to form a smooth batter.
3. Put the apples and sultanas in the base of the ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the spice and all but 1 tablespoon of the remaining sugar, then pour the batter over the top.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and serve hot.
» France Recipes