- 450g/1 lb Aubergines (Egg Plant )
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 50g/2 oz Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 25g/1oz Butter
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
1. Cut the aubergines into 6mm/ 1/4 inch thick slices. Place in a large bowl, sprinkle with salt and leave for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse the slices, dry thoroughly then dust each side with flour.
3. Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan until very hot then add the aubergine slices and brown one one side. Turn them, add the shallots and mushrooms and cook until tender, basting with the oil from time to time.
4. To serve - Transfer to a warmed serving dish and sprinkle with lemon juice, chopped parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
» France Recipes