- 225g/8oz Strong/Bread (Plain) Flour
- 3 tablespoons Warm Water
- 1/2 teasp Salt
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp Castor Sugar
- 100g/4oz Butter, melted
- 1/2oz Fresh Yeast
1. Sift the flour and salt into a warmed bowl and stir in the sugar. Cream the yeast with the water then stir the yeast liquid, beaten eggs and the melted butter into the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon. Beat until smooth and elastic in texture.
2. Cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place for 1-1/2 to 2 hours until doubled in size.
3. Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas mark 7.
4. Divide the risen dough between 8 well-greased fluted brioche tins and bake in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown. Cool in the tins for 20 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.
» France Recipes