- 1 Large oven-ready Chicken
- 1 Truffle, very thinly sliced
- 4 Carrots, halved lengthways
- 4 Leeks, thickly sliced and well cleaned
- Approx. 1.8L/60fl.oz. Chicken Stock
1. Loosen the skin on the chicken breast and thighs being careful not to tear or puncture the skin.
2. Insert the truffle slices under the skin along each breast and over each thigh.
3. Wrap the chicken in a large piece of muslin, securing the loose ends of the muslin under the wings and thighs. Hold in place with kitchen string.
4. Place the chicken and vegetables in a large saucepan and pour over enough stock to just cover the chicken.
5. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cover and simmer gently for 60 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and set aside, still covered, for 15 minutes.
7. To serve - remove the chicken from the pan and remove the muslin. Place on a warmed serving platter surrounded by the vegetables.
Traditionally served with Dijon mustard and Cornichons.
» France Recipes