- 175g/6oz Castor Sugar
- ½ teasp Vanilla Extract
- 3 egg whites
- 200g/7oz Dessicated Coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and grease 2 or 3 baking sheets.
2. Place the egg whites, sugar and vanilla extract in a saucepan and whisk vigorously over a medium heat until hot and frothy. Remove from the heat and keep whisking until the mixture cools a little.
3. Add the coconut to the pan all at once and mix with a wooden spoon until well blended.
4. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture, about 5cm/2 inches in diameter, onto the baking sheets, spaced well apart. Then bake in an oven for 15 minutes until golden brown. The Congolais should be crispy on the outside and soft inside.
5. Serve the biscuits warm or cold by themselves at teatime or with vanilla ice-cream and/or hot chocolate sauce for dessert.
» France Recipes