- 100g/4oz Fresh Sorrel, washed, de-stalked and finely shredded
- 1 Lettuce, washed and shredded
- 100g/4oz Fresh Spinach, washed, de-stalked and finely shredded
- 1 large bunch Flat Leaved Parsley
- 120ml/4 fl.oz. Crème Frâiche
- 1L/35fl.oz. Water
- Plenty of Salt and White Pepper
- Rye Bread to serve
1. Wash the parsley, then tie well into a bunch with string. Cut off the top leafy parts and chop roughly, reserving the bunch of stalks still tied together.
2. Place the water, parsley stalks, salt and pepper in a large saucepan, bring to the boil then add the remaining ingredients. Mix well, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the parsley stalks, check the seasoning and then stir in the crème fraiche.
4. To serve - place a piece of rye bread onto 4 individual serving bowls and then pour the soup over the top. Serve immediately.
» France Recipes