- 4 Duck or Goose Legs
- 4 Duck or Goose Breasts
- 25g/1oz Rock Salt
- 2 tbsp Black Peppercorns, crushed
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 8 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 6 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1.1L/40fl.oz. melted Duck or Goose Fat
1. Place all the ingredients apart from the fat in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning 2 or 3 times.
3. After the marinating time, bring the fat to simmering point over a medium heat in a large saucepan.
4. Add the duck to the pan, mix well and cook gently for 1.5 to 2 hours or until the meat falls off the bone. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
5. Transfer the contents to airtight storage containers (glass jars, plastic boxes etc) almost fill to the top and then cover with a lid, making sure the seal is airtight. Refrigerate for up to 4 months.
When ready to use, remove the meat from the fat and serve hot or cold.
» France Recipes