- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 100g/4oz Softened Butter
- 4 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 teasp Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Dry White Wine
- 1 x 200g/7oz tin Snails plus shells
- 2 tbsp Fresh Breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 40OF, Gas mark 6. Beat the butter, parsley, garlic and shallot in a bowl till well mixed then beat in the salt, pepper and wine.
2. Put a small amount of the butter, then one of the snails into each empty shell and fill up with the butter mixture. Press the fresh breadcrumbs into the butter. Arrange on special escargot dishes or an ovenproof dish with the opening facing upwards.
3. Put in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the butter begins to bubble. Serve
immediately with crusty bread.
» France Recipes