- 225g/8oz Spinach, finely chopped
- 1 Stick of Celery, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 2 Onions
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 7 tbsp Olive Oil
- 900g/2lb Prepared Frogs Legs
- Salt and Pepper
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 300g/11oz Long Grain Rice
- 3 tbsp Dry White Wine
- 1L/2pts Fresh Hot chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp Grated Parmesan
1. Chop one of the onions. Heat 3 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the spinach, celery, garlic, chopped onion and carrot and fry gently for 5 minutes.
2. Add the prepared frogs legs and a little salt and cook over a low heat for about 20 minutes, adding a little boiling water if necessary.
3. Meanwhile, thinly slice the remaining onion. Heat the remaining oil and half the butter in a flameproof casserole then add the sliced onion and gently cook until soft and transparent.
4. Add the rice to the sliced onions and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
5. Increase the heat, then add the wine and boil rapidly until most of the wine has evaporated.
6. Gradually add the stock and a little salt, stir well, cover and simmer gently for about 15 minutes until the rice is tender and has absorbed all the stock.
7. Add the pepper, parsley, remaining butter and Parmesan and mix well.
8. To serve - arrange the rice on a warmed serving platter. Make a well in the centre and pour in the frogs legs mixture. Serve immediately.
» France Recipes