- 250g/9oz Dried Butter Beans OR
- 600g/21 oz Tinned Butter Beans
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
1. If using dried beans, place the beans in a bowl, cover with water and leave to soak overnight. If using tinned beans, drain and rinse under cold water and proceed to step 3.
2. Place the drained soaked beans in a pan cover with 1L/ 40fl.oz. water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour. Add salt towards the end of the cooking time.
3. Melt the butter in a pan, add the onion , salt, pepper and parsley and cook gently until the onions are soft but not brown.
4. Add the drained butter beans, toss well to coat evenly with the butter, onions and parsley.
5. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and serve hot.
» France Recipes