- 50g/2oz Long Grain Rice
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 2 Large Grapefruits
- 50g/2oz Black Olives, pitted
- 170g/6oz Crab Meat
- 150ml/5fl.oz. Thick Mayonnaise (check Ingredients label)
- 4 Whole Black Olives to garnish
1. Place the rice in a medium sized saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water. Bring to the boil, add a little salt and then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
2. Once cooked, drain the rice into a large sieve and rinse under cold running water. Drain well and then transfer to a large plate and allow to dry out. This can be speeded up by lightly patting with paper towels.
3. Meanwhile, cut the grapefruit in half width ways and remove the flesh with a small sharp knife. Chop the flesh and place in a mixing bowl. Retain the shells.
4. Add the chopped olives, rice and crab meat to the grapefruit together with 120ml/4fl.oz. of the mayonnaise. Add the salt and pepper and lightly mix.
5. Divide the crab mixture between the reserved grapefruit shells and garnish with the remaining mayonnaise and whole olives. Chill before serving.
» France Recipes