- 100g/4oz Streaky Bacon, chopped
- 900g/2 lb Potatoes
- 100g/4oz Button Onions
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 2 teasp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Chives, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Thyme leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into 2.5cm/1 inch pieces. Place in a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a frying pan with the olive oil, add the onions and bacon and cook for about 5 minutes or until the bacon fat begins to run.
3. Add the potatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and crisp turning occasionally.
4. Add the herbs, salt and pepper and mix well. Serve immediately.
» France Recipes