Remember that Dark Chocolate is High in Iron and Magnesium. Dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health. Here you have 7 Proven Health Benefits:
- Is Very Nutritious
- Powerful Source of Antioxidants
- May Improve Blood Flow and Lower Blood Pressure
- Raises HDL and Protects LDL Against Oxidation
- May Lower The Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
- Protect Your Skin Against The Sun
- May Improve Brain Function
For the choux buns
- 120ml/4fl.oz. Water
- A pinch of Salt
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 50g/2oz Plain Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
For the filling
- 300ml/10fl.oz. Double cream
For the chocolate sauce
- 175/6oz Plain Chocolate
- 25g/1oz Butter
- 2-3 tbsp Water
1. Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas Mark 7 and lightly oil 2-3baking sheets. Place the water, salt and butter into a medium saucepan, heat slowly until the butter melts, then bring to the boil.
2. Remove from the heat and add the flour all in one go and mix well.
3. Return to a medium heat and continue to mix briskly until the mixture forms a solid ball and leaves the sides of the pan.
4. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
5. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating well to incorporate the egg thoroughly then continue to beat until the mixture forms a stiff, smooth shiny dough.
6. Drop spoonfuls of the pastry onto the baking sheets (16-20 in all) spaced well apart then bake at for about 20 minutes or until golden and well puffed. If you prefer you can pipe them.
7. Once cooked, remove from the oven and make a small slit in the side of each one and cool on a wire rack.
8. Whip the cream until it's quite firm. then slit the puffs in half near the base and fill with the cream. Pile in a pyramid on a shallow serving platter and refrigerate until ready to serve.
9. When ready to serve, break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a small heatproof bowl together with the butter and water.
10. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and heat, stirring, until the chocolate has melted and all the ingredients are well mixed.
11. To serve - drizzle the chocolate sauce over the profiteroles and serve immediately.
» France Recipes