- 200g/7oz Shortcrust Pastry
- 100g/4oz Cream Cheese
- 75g/3oz Roquefort Cheese
- 25g/1oz Butter
- 2 Large Eggs, beaten
- 240ml/8 fl.oz. Single Cream
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 teasp Fresh Chives, chopped
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Heat the oven to 200C, 40OF, Gas mark 6. Grease an 18 cm /7 inch flan tin. Roll out the pastry and line the tin. Line the pastry case with greaseproof paper and beans to bake blind for 10 minutes.
2. Reduce the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas mark 4, remove the baking beans and greaseproof paper and bake the case for a further 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the cream cheese into a mixing bowl, together with the Roquefort and softened butter and beat with a wooden spoon or mash with a fork until well blended.
4. Add the beaten eggs and cream and mix thoroughly. Then stir in the herbs and season generously with freshly ground black pepper.
5. Pour the cheese mixture into the pastry case, smoothing it evenly. Bake the quiche for 25-30 minutes, until the filling is a light golden brown.
Serve hot, lukewarm, or cold, garnished with a sprig of parsley or watercress.
» France Recipes