- 675g/1 1/5lbs Jerusalem Artichokes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 25g/1oz Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 300ml/10fl.oz. White Wine or Vegetable Stock
- 300ml/10fl.oz. Water
- 1 Bouquet Garni
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1/4 teasp Sugar
1. Heat the butter and oil in a flameproof casserole. Add the onion and garlic, cover and cook gently until soft and transparent.
2. Raise the heat, add the artichoke and brown quickly on all sides.
3. Add the wine, water, salt, pepper and bouquet garni. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Stir in the tomato puree and sugar and continue to cook, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes over a medium heat to reduce the liquid. Serve hot
» France Recipes