- 50g/2oz Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 slices of White Bread, crusts removed
- 4 tournedos of Beef Filet Mignon (tournedos)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 4 x 50g/2oz slices of Raw Foie Gras
- 2 tbsp Port
- 1 tbsp Brandy
- 1 tbsp Madeira
- 2 fresh Black Truffles, thinly sliced
- 190ml/6fl.oz. Beef or Veal Stock
1. Preheat the oven to warm.
2. Cut the slices of bread into circles a little larger than the circumference of the beef tournedos then heat half the butter and a little of the oil in a frying pan, add the bread and fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper and place on a heatproof serving platter.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter and oil in another large frying pan. Season the beef with salt and pepper then add to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan with tongs, place each one on top of the fried bread and place in the oven to keep warm.
4. Add the foie gras to the pan and sauté for 1 minute on each side, depending on the thickness. Remove from the pan with tongs, place once slice on each tournedos and return to the oven to keep warm.
5. Add the port, brandy and Madeira to the pan and bring to the boil, scraping up any bits in the bottom of the pan then boil until reduced by half.
6. Add the stock and sliced truffles, bring back to the boil and continue to boil rapidly for about 5 minutes to reduce.
To serve – pour the sauce over the top of the tournedos.
» France Recipes